St.Mother Teresa Syro-Malabar Catholic Church, Calgary is a Welcoming and caring community dedicated to the intercession of St. Mother Teresa of Calcutta.
It is a vibrant religious community under the Eparchy of Mississauga for the Syro-Malabar Catholics in Canada. Mother Teresa parish in Calgary organizes liturgical celebrations for the Calgary Syro-Malabar Catholic Community.
As a community of faith and love we share our religious traditions, uphold our religious values and observe the liturgical celebrations of Catholic Syro-Malabar church. The Syro-Malabar church traces its origin to St. Thomas, the Apostle who came to India in AD 52. The Syro- Malabar church has flourished throughout the centuries being “Christian in faith, Oriental in worship, and Indian in culture".
As a community of faith succeeding St. Thomas the Apostle of India, we get together in Calgary to celebrate the Holy Mass on regular occasions, maintaining special devotions to Mother Mary through Rosary, Novena, and observing other important liturgical events of the year. The purpose of our community is to grow in our faith, hold on to our religious traditions and impart our faith to our younger generations.
We hope that you have a meaningful worship experience with Mother Teresa Syro Malabar Community.
The Mission of Saint Mother Teresa Syro-Malabar Catholic Church, Calgary is to nurture all into a deeper spiritual encounter and loving experience with our Lord Jesus Christ and to spread the Good News of Jesus Christ by living our faith as a Catholic Community through Sacraments, Liturgy, Prayers and Service to local communities.
1. Nourishing and strengthening the community with the transforming grace of the sacraments especially by offering frequent opportunities for the faithful to encounter the living presence of Christ in the Eucharist and the Sacrament of Penance.
2. Proclaiming the Gospel message of Jesus Christ by educating the faithful and those seeking to become Catholic through faith formation, helping young and old to better understand and live the Catholic faith.
3. Bringing the Kingdom of God into every human situation with a hunger and thirst to make the Lord known. Living our witness helps form and deepen the faith we receive to know, love, and serve the Lord.
4. Protecting and caring for the dignity of every human person at every stage and in every condition. As Catholic missionaries of Christ, we will work for justice and peace for all who are in need of emotional, spiritual, and material support.
5. Cultivating opportunities for a deep sense of friendship and belonging through our Catholic beliefs, traditions, and values. To be a member of Saint Mother Teresa Syro-Malabar Catholic Church means we are never alone in this family of families.