SAFE ENVIRONMENT POLICY FOR CHILDREN AND ADULTS
Church is a place of worship where everyone should feel welcomed, secured and safe. We take utmost priority to implement the policies of our diocese. The guidance below is adapted from the diocese of Calgary.
Our guiding principles are...
1. implementing procedures to make abuse impossible
2. developing a culture where abuse is unthinkable
Policies applicable are:
- All volunteers, staff, and clergy who teach, supervise, and visit children or elderly have agreed to our Model Code of Conduct and intend to act accordingly
- Vulnerable Sector Police Information Checks have been procured for all these personnel
- Annual training in child abuse prevention and elder abuse prevention is available and is presented to these personnel, and to interested members of the parish
- Children and elderly are treated with respect, patience, integrity, and consideration
- Positive reinforcement is the norm, rather than criticism, competition or comparison
- The Two – Adult rule is always observed
- Good supervision ratios are followed for minors (minimum of 2 adults per 15 children
- Pastoral care visits are made by pairs of volunteers
- Complaints are dealt with promptly, respecting civil authority and the people involved.
All Catholics should feel free to ask questions about how safety is being implemented in your parish. If you want to reach us any anytime please contact parish priest or trustees. If you have any complaint, don't hesitate to contact: firstname.lastname@example.org